Some of my mods and some of my questions.

Hi everyone,
I have been working on some mods for eco, that will be available on GreenLeaf server and some of them will be release with CTK in the near future.
I wanted to ask if anyone would be interested in getting these mods or even be interested in seeing how they are made(model, texture, unity implementation and code).
I'll post some images of the mods I'm currently working on for you to see, and hope I'll get a response to know what I'll be doing with these models.

The reason why I'm asking if someone wants to learn how to make them, or even just to see how they are made, is because I get questions (from time to time) over discord on how I make my models or how to do "whatnot"; so if I know people like them or are just curios of how I make anything regarding Eco Mods I can make videos or text guides with instructions on how they are made. All of my models are made using Blender, Substance Painter and Photoshop; they have LOD's and all the good stuff so they wont have a huge impact on the client.

Please let me know if anyone is interested in learning how to make these.

Attachments

mampf

Administrator
Admin
Mod Dev
Hello ;)

For sure there are some people which are interested - me, too.
If you have some time to make tutorials, it would be great!

Regards Mampf

CobaltEcho

Stone
Mod Dev
I sent you this in a PM in Discord, but thought it might be more relevant here:

I think what would be really helpful (imo) to new modders is: If you have the Ecomodkit and a basic obj file, how do you make this work?

A bunch of us have followed the ceiling light tutorial, but with that tutorial all you have to do is drag the ceiling light assembly to file. If you have just an obj, you can't just drag it to the 3D object header, as far as I know.

My obj is really basic (a trophy) and it doesn't even have color. I think starting really basic and then adding on would be extremely useful.

Appreciate your time!

OP
OP
Phlo123
I will be starting a stream on twitch soon, where i will share a model and a texture with whoever joins so we can have a step by step implementation in unity. I will also be using the normal ModKit AND it will be my first time steaming something (there might be some issues, but i hope everything will go smoothly). Hope to see you there.

(i hope that is my twitch link)

OP
OP
Phlo123
I use Blender for 3d modeling and Substance Painter and Photoshop for textures. In the future I plan on streaming the full process of making a mod but i need a better microphone. The audio quality on the one I have is questionable.

mampf

Administrator
Admin
Mod Dev
Please also upload and share a record of the steam. Because all devs are really busy and may don't have time to watch the stream ;)

OP
OP
Phlo123
I am remaking the video, and I will be uploading the tutorial on youtube for everyone to watch whenever they want. It should be up in 1-2 hours. I'll repost here with a link when its ready.
Post automatically merged:

Hope you will find this useful!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Phlo123
The next 3 videos will be one for each: lights, beehive and modules. I don't exactly know which will be first, it will also depends on my free time; but I will post any other video I make here.
The videos will be long, because I need to make the model, the texture, and implement it in unity. Hopefully I'll find a way to make it below 1 hour.

Top Bottom