• This section is "bound" to the Resources page. Once you've submitted a new mod to the resources, a new discussion about your mod will be automatically generated and posted in this section. That means, you can't create a new thread by hand in here.
No Player Credits

No Player Credits 1.1.0

No permission to download

inlife

Stone
Mod Dev
Reaction score
inlife submitted a new resource:

No Player Currencies - Prevent player credit currencies from being generated.

A simple mod, that prevents "player credit" currencies from being generated on your server.
Works by blocking automatic currency creation when new players are join to the game first time.

This mod will not remove existing currencies.

Works best on the new, empty world, however make sure to Mint at least one currency, otherwise creating contracts won't work for players (client disconnects).
Read more about this resource...

YoShIWoZ

Stone
Reaction score
Mate, if you mint a currency WHILE this mod is installed. the server file will get corrupted and crash every time you start the server. It will even happen as well if you remove some currencies etc. It's very unstable. And it can literally kill your server. First time this happened we had to roll back 5 hours. didn't know what caused it.

Edit: You need to remove everything that has to do with a currency you remove. If a shop is using the currency you remove. Your save file will get corrupted. :)

Last edited:
OP
inlife

inlife

Stone
Mod Dev
Reaction score
Hello,
yes, unfortunately, it's quite unstable in the new version.
And the worst part I'm not yet sure on how to fix those issues.

YoShIWoZ

Stone
Reaction score
It's running without issues on my server now. but you have to very careful when you delete currencies. Because if you delete a currency that is in use. It will bug out.
Can't you make your mod change currency in use to a currency that has not been deleted? Then it'll have to be up to people themselves to change it. :)
Also, perhaps your mod should generate a currency if none exists? maybe make a toggle, so your can turn that feature on/off.
I don't know why you wouldn't want a currency. :)

OP
inlife

inlife

Stone
Mod Dev
Reaction score
Will it crash now, if you just try to mint a currency after you joined first time?

Ideally mod should be used exactly that way:
>Log in onto the server, and mint a currency right away (use /give command to spawn yourself a mint).
>After that, reload the server, and only then let other players join the server.

P.S. I tried with adding of the default currency, however i consider that a "last measure", if everything else won't work. And also I'm not a big fan of adding a config anywhere, since it is overextending a mod too far, making it responsible for maintaining even more infrastructure for every future update. (which is not good)

OP
inlife

inlife

Stone
Mod Dev
Reaction score
hello @F3UR10
most likely no, since I dont see much point in that (default currency in the treasury currently does half of what this mod was supposed to do)
maybe im wrong tho, what do you think?

F3UR10

Stone
Reaction score
Hi @inlife,

we will prevent that players start trading with their own player credit and have to use the server minted one. On the last server we used your mod that worked very well. Thats why I asked you :)

As I remember it, I can set a default currency with the treasury but the players are still able to trade with their player created one.

OP
inlife

inlife

Stone
Mod Dev
Reaction score
well, as a solution, you could try possibly preventing any manipulations with the other currencies, except minted via a set of laws
however i'm not sure if that is fully possible

have you actually tried using it for 8.1?
there is maybe chance that it might work

F3UR10

Stone
Reaction score
Hi @inlife we started testing a few minutes ago. Right know it seems to work :) and we can use the rmcurrencies command for existing credits.

But tanks for your fast response :)(y)

PS: we hope that we dont have to use the set of laws,.. that´s annoying

Top Bottom