• This section is "bound" to the Resources page. Once you've submitted a new mod to the resources, a new discussion about your mod will be automatically generated and posted in this section. That means, you can't create a new thread by hand in here.
DiscordLink

DiscordLink

OP
S

Spoffy

Coal
Mod Dev
Reaction score
Not sure why there was a delay, but I'm working on some features to help diagnose problems like this in the future. It's possible the messages were sent before the Discord client was 100% ready.

FOr channel information - It should save, but use "File->Save" at the top of the server GUI to be certain :)

Rexzooly

Copper
Mod Dev
Reaction score
Yes that is how I got it to save this time around and I using it without any problems so far :) only think I want now is a screen shot option in game lol I know mostly wont happen I say this for all discord plugins in games lol and the option to be able to admin via discord to game but even if it stays like this it's epic

OP
S

Spoffy

Coal
Mod Dev
Reaction score
Haha, screenshots can't easily be done, but I'll take a look at some point! More admin tools are definitely on the roadmap, probably in a minor version or two!

Rexzooly

Copper
Mod Dev
Reaction score
Ya unless the game as that option it's hard to do it, unless unity has a option to press screen shot button then send the data from the clipboard.

OP
S

Spoffy

Coal
Mod Dev
Reaction score
Spoffy updated DiscordLink with a new update entry:

1.1.0 Released - Link Eco and Discord Chats!

Changes include:

You can now link Discord and Eco text channels. You can now seamlessly(ish) communicate between the two!

?ecostatus not displaying your IP Correctly? There's now a server IP override in the configuration. You can now specify any text to appear instead!

A new ?players command, to see who's currently online!

Plenty of other tweaks and bugfixes too!
Read the rest of this update entry...

Rexzooly

Copper
Mod Dev
Reaction score
I like the fact the IP Correction lets me put my URL rather then IP this is useful :) well done there, or and that's a good option ?players will help, will update this from the beta later on, server is in use at the moment well do man.

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

@Spoffy
View attachment 85
Some reason discord is a user, I am not sure if this is your mod or not but I don't remember seeing it before.

Last edited:

skeykc

Stone
Reaction score
Thank you for making awesome mod !!
I am managing a public server, Thanks to this MOD, it was very easy to deal with the server problem.

I have a question about setting.
About the mapping between Discord user name and Eco user name.
I do not know the format to set the Username of DiscordPlayerConfig.
When different user names are used for the above two services, how should they be set?

OP
S

Spoffy

Coal
Mod Dev
Reaction score
Spoffy updated DiscordLink with a new update entry:

1.1.3 Release - Bugfixes and Windows 7 Support

Changelog:
- Now displays Nicknames rather than usernames when forwarding messages from Discord to Eco
- Now supports older Windows versions (7+) using an external library. Please keep an eye out for bugs!
- Fixes ?players showing all players that have logged on since the last restart
- Fixes ?ecostatus breaking silently when an invalid URL was passed as a server logo.
Read the rest of this update entry...

bashSudo

Stone
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to get this working on a PingPerfect server? They have an older version listed in their little "Easy install" mod list but I have no clue where to find the config for the BotToken. I've tried with the "listed" version from PingPerfect and also the with the latest version which I uploaded to the server and put in a ticket to have the DLLs extracted properly. Still no luck. Any ideas, if it's even possible? Don't know why they would list it otherwise!

GDragon

Coal
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to get this working on a PingPerfect server? They have an older version listed in their little "Easy install" mod list but I have no clue where to find the config for the BotToken. I've tried with the "listed" version from PingPerfect and also the with the latest version which I uploaded to the server and put in a ticket to have the DLLs extracted properly. Still no luck. Any ideas, if it's even possible? Don't know why they would list it otherwise!
you create bot token, using discordapp bot creation.

bashSudo

Stone
Reaction score
you create bot token, using discordapp bot creation.
My problem is that I'm unable to find in the configuration files on my server WHERE to put the BotToken in for the mod to work. I have the Discord bot setup and I have the token, but I need to tell the mod the token in a config file, and I can't find it.

GDragon

Coal
Reaction score
My problem is that I'm unable to find in the configuration files on my server WHERE to put the BotToken in for the mod to work. I have the Discord bot setup and I have the token, but I need to tell the mod the token in a config file, and I can't find it.
DiscordPluginSpoffy.eco in config folder.
Code:
{
  "$id": "1",
  "BotToken": "",
  "ServerName": "",
  "ServerDescription": "",
  "ServerLogo": "",
  "ServerIP": "",
  "PlayerConfigs": [],
  "ChannelLinks": [
    {
      "$id": "2",
      "DiscordGuild": "",
      "DiscordChannel": "",
      "EcoChannel": ""
    }
  ],
  "Debug": false
}

bashSudo

Stone
Reaction score
DiscordPluginSpoffy.eco in config folder.
Code:
{
  "BotToken": "",
  "ServerName": "",
  "ServerDescription": "",
  "ServerLogo": "",
  "ServerIP": "",
  "ChannelLinks": [
    {
      "$id": "2",
      "DiscordGuild": "",
      "DiscordChannel": "",
      "EcoChannel": ""
    }
  ],
}
I see the file--but in my file, I only have the following variables, nothing else:
{
"ChannelLinks": [],
}

GDragon

Coal
Reaction score
I see the file--but in my file, I only have the following variables, nothing else:
{
"ChannelLinks": [],
}
try to use my code and paste parameters to "" and save, restart

bashSudo

Stone
Reaction score
try to use my code and paste parameters to "" and save, restart
Ah, thank you! Worked like a charm. I wasn't sure just copying the code would work, since it seemed to be missing, well, everything. I'm up and running now. Thanks a ton, GDragon!

OP
S

Spoffy

Coal
Mod Dev
Reaction score
Top Bottom