• This section is "bound" to the Resources page. Once you've submitted a new mod to the resources, a new discussion about your mod will be automatically generated and posted in this section. That means, you can't create a new thread by hand in here.
  • Thank you for a fantastic first year of eco-mods.com! You guys are awesome.
    To celebrate this, click here to get to our Birthday-Post and Giveaway.
Better Barrel Recipes

Better Barrel Recipes 2.1

No permission to download
OP
OP
NoXid

NoXid

Stone
Mod Dev
NoXid updated Better Barrel Recipes with a new update entry:

Updated to V1.1 - Now Version with Gasoline

Since technically you don't loose a barrel for refueling your vehicle I added to the Gasoline recipe that you get a barrel back. When refueling your vehicle in real life you also don't lose the barrel.

For Everyone who wants just the Epoxy, Plastic and Synthetic Rubber Recipes I added the Core Version.
For Everyone who wants the new Epoxy, Plastic,Synthetic Rubber and the Gasoline Recipes I added the Extra Version...
Read the rest of this update entry...

OP
OP
NoXid

NoXid

Stone
Mod Dev
Thanks for this Mod but it doesent work.
I installed the extra version but my server want start again.
Hey! For me it works fine. Which version is the server running and what Error does it give? If you want you can add me on discord and we can write there! Username: NoXid#8912

Hey! For me it works fine. Which version is the server running and what Error does it give? If you want you can add me on discord and we can write there! Username: NoXid#8912

There is no Error Message, after install that mod didn´t start the server.
If I remove the mod, the server runs as if nothing had ever happened .
The Server is from gportal.

[content removed]

Edit: NoXid have updated the modded files accordingly to work with 7.8.X. Yuge kudos for the fast response!

Last edited:
OP
OP
NoXid

NoXid

Stone
Mod Dev
Since this has not been updated in quite a while:

Because the string definition in the partial class (I believe) is not string anymore, but has changed to locstring, this mod does not work anymore.

Solution to bring back barrels is alot easier than you would think.

1) In the Server\Mods\AutoGen\Item, find epoxy.cs, gasoline.cs, plastic.cs & syntheticrubber.cs

2) Back up these files simply through copy the file ctrl+c and ctrl+v. Rename from .cs to e.g. .backup

3) Now open each of the original .cs files in a text editor (notepad does the job)

4) Find this line:
(Where in this example epoxy is the item example, but equally "easy" to find in the other ones)
Code:
            this.Products = new CraftingElement[]
            {
                new CraftingElement<EpoxyItem>(),
            };
5) Edit to this:
Code:
            this.Products = new CraftingElement[]
            {
                new CraftingElement<EpoxyItem>(),   
                new CraftingElement<BarrelItem>(),
            };
It's tested & verified, and simpler (imho) than to continuously replace the files for each update with potentially a new change.

All kudos & ingenuity goes to NoXid for thinking & implementing a viable & easy solution to this problem.

If these snippets of code in any way violate any rules regarding code, I will remove immediately.
Hello Daniel,

I did not notice that the mod doesn't work anymore. Thank you for the information for the others in the meantime.

However, I updated the mod again and it is working fine now. If anyone has any problems feel free to contact me via the forum or discord (NoXid#8912)

Best Regards
NoXid

Hello Daniel,

I did not notice that the mod doesn't work anymore. Thank you for the information for the others in the meantime.

However, I updated the mod again and it is working fine now. If anyone has any problems feel free to contact me via the forum or discord (NoXid#8912)

Best Regards
NoXid
Hi NoXid,

I have edited my post accordingly.

I wish I had given you a pm/notice first, but for some reason thought you had sort of abandoned the forum (don't ask why -> no reason other than last update on mod was 27.August). Anyway, besides my lifestory, thank you :D

OP
OP
NoXid

NoXid

Stone
Mod Dev
Hi NoXid,

I have edited my post accordingly.

I wish I had given you a pm/notice first, but for some reason thought you had sort of abandoned the forum (don't ask why -> no reason other than last update on mod was 27.August). Anyway, besides my lifestory, thank you :D
No worries my friend! All good. You just wanted to help the other people out and that's a good thing.

Top Bottom