• This section is "bound" to the Resources page. Once you've submitted a new mod to the resources, a new discussion about your mod will be automatically generated and posted in this section. That means, you can't create a new thread by hand in here.
Asphalt-ModKit - Modding Framework

Asphalt-ModKit - Modding Framework 0.5.5.1

No permission to download

mampf

Administrator
Admin
Mod Dev
Reaction score
mampf submitted a new resource:

Asphalt-ModKit - An event system for developers - Asphalt-ModKit - An event system for developers

Early Alpha!!

If you are a server admin, download this plugin when you're using a mod that requires it.

If you are a developer this mod is a eventsystem which you can use for your mod.

Register a class which contains methods that will be called

C#:
EventManager.RegisterListener(new TestEventHandlers());

Code:
public class TestEventHandlers
{
    [EventHandler(EventPriority.Normal, RunIfEventCancelled = false)]
    public void...
Read more about this resource...

OP
mampf

mampf

Administrator
Admin
Mod Dev
Reaction score
OP
mampf

mampf

Administrator
Admin
Mod Dev
Reaction score
mampf updated Asphalt-ModKit - An event system for developers with a new update entry:

Added mono compatibility

We got the report, that Asphalt is not working with Mono.
We changed our injection stuff to use the Harmony Library to patch the methods.
So Asphalt supports Mono now.
- Lots of things aren't tested with mono. So please leave us feedback if you have any issues.

This release also includes some partial implemented new features that manage your config files, permissions and so on.
If you are interested please contact Kronox or me.
We will update our github wiki in the next days.
Read the rest of this update entry...

OP
mampf

mampf

Administrator
Admin
Mod Dev
Reaction score
Known bugs for 0.3.0:
If you use Teleport and Eat events you can't teleport and eat on the whole server.

I think currently no public released mod is affected from this problems.
- We will fix it in the next version ;)

Kronox

Copper
Trusted Dev
Mod Dev
Reaction score
What about publish on mod.io? ;)
@GDragon Since my answer somehow got longer than originally expected, I decided to put is in a spoiler :p
We have already discussed the topic internally and with a handful of other modders serveral times and have come to the conclusion that at the moment there is still too much that speaks against it for us.

On the one hand, for my part, I have personal issues with the design of the site. The UI design, for example, I find rather impractical for the usecase, due to the lack of usability and overview.
This alone is of course no reason not to publish mods on mod.io.

However, first to the advantages of publishing on mod.io. There is essentially only one major advantage compared to eco-mods, installing mods via one-click installation. At first glance, this certainly seems to be a significant advantage for the user. From the modder's point of view, however, this feature has many negative consequences, which of course are much more important for the modder.
The most obvious point here is the interaction with the community or especially with the users of your own mod. If I download a mod on my own like on eco-mods, I also know a place where I can talk about the mod, express criticism and suggestions or report bugs. If I only install the mod with a one-click installation, I usually try the mod, if it doesn't work, I uninstall it with one click again instead of asking the author for a possible fix. This pattern is of course exactly the opposite of what the modder would welcome.

In general, we also cannot fully identify ourselves with the setting presented by mod.io. To my knowledge, for example, deleting your own mod is not possible without validation from above. I am also not sure if it is possible to include mods from external download links now. These and some things cast a rather sceptical light on mod.io for me.

One difference between eco-mods and mod.io is also decisive. Mod.io is designed to support a wide variety of games. Eco-Mods, on the other hand, was developed by players in the community especially for Eco. The intentions behind eco-mods are quite clear, to create a community platform to establish contacts to other modders and interested users. This probably also without commercial ulterior motives, as I conclude it from the non-existent advertising and some other facts. So I only recently saw how some modders had an improvement suggestion for the site and it was adjusted only within a few days. This kind of contact is missing at mod.io, because the developers are not from the community. (Personally, I find it rather strange that the site was in development for such a long time and was still occupied by announced but unfinished features ? But lets ignore that for now).

In the case of asphalt, this is certainly even more special. Since Asphalt makes quite fundamental and incisive changes to the base game in the background, it can unfortunately not be ruled out that errors will occur. In addition, Asphalt's functionality has become too extensive for us to test every single feature in all application scenarios after every update and after every new eco-version. Therefore it is even more important that we have close contact to users and modders in the alpha version of Asphalt. For the reasons mentioned above, we see the communication possibilities with mod.io as too limited.
Also for asphalt it will not always be mandatory that the newest version is the version the user needs. eco-mods offers the possibility to specify different versions parallel for download, so that the user can choose the right one for his application. The one-click installation on mod.io will lead to complications, because there is not always the right version for all servers and version.

Since each additional platform also means maintenance of another platform to us, the question arises which platforms are worth the not to be neglected additional expenditure. These are just a few of the reasons that speak against it for us as developers. We personally have therefore decided against the publication on mod.io for the time being.

Since my opinion is not fixed, I am of course always available for an further exchange on Discord to talk a little bit more deeply about the topic. Feel free to convince me from the opposite ;) Or just talk to me for some other reason: Kronox#5077
I certainly hope that answers your question ;)

Kronox

Copper
Trusted Dev
Mod Dev
Reaction score
Kronox updated Asphalt-ModKit - Modding Framework with a new update entry:

Fixes, Tweaks and Additions - v.0.4.6

v.0.4.6

- adds a buch of new Events: WorldObjectDestroyedEvent, InventoryChangeSelectedSlotEvent, InventoryMoveItemEvent (may cause syncronisation issues when cancelled, please report :p), RpcInvokeEvent
- an attempt to fix an issue that crashes the server while initializing, wich occurs under still unknown and rare conditions ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Read the rest of this update entry...

luriCos

Stone
Reaction score
Will the Action that is patched by Harmony actually be skipped if the Event used by a Mod cancels the event?

OP
mampf

mampf

Administrator
Admin
Mod Dev
Reaction score
In general yes, if the event is cancelable.
On some events there are sometimes some tricks needed, that it's cancelable. But it should work ;)
Please give feedback if you have any issues ;)

luriCos

Stone
Reaction score
Well im on my way to try some stuff with the ModKit.. was thinking that it might not respect prevented Actions like when you forbid certain block place via law system. Didn't see this in the code if Patch would execute the original method too based on the result of the event? Was thinking certain events are just a pre-execution method. meaning they will get executed no matter what.

OP
mampf

mampf

Administrator
Admin
Mod Dev
Reaction score
If you're interested in developing, feel free to contact me via Discord (check my profile here in Eco-Mods) ;)

Kronox

Copper
Trusted Dev
Mod Dev
Reaction score

Naumann88

Stone
Reaction score
Ich habe auch schon das Problem mit dem Asphalt-Modkit behoben, aber ich kann die anderen Tools wie BetterMining - BetterLogging - BetterFarming - GarbageMan - JD_LargeBrigde - JDShelf und Shipping_Container nicht benutzen auf der Beta Version 7.7.2 von Eco die jetzt draussen ist könnte die Päcks

Top Bottom